Welcome to the Box Elder County Recorder Web Page.
Chad Montgomery, County Recorder/Surveyor
01 South Main Street Suite 11
Brigham City, Utah 84302
cmontgomery @ boxeldercounty.org
Our normal office hours are: Monday thru Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Information about recorded documents and property records for all tracts of land in
Box Elder County, can be found using the online recorder application called Eagle Web
We also have an interactive web map
that shows Roads, Parcels, Ownership, Subdivisions,
Surveys, Tie Sheets, Zoning, and more.
Duties of the Recorder's Office:
All documents to be recorded must meet the recording requirements
as set forth in the Utah Code.In compliance with UCA 17-21-1(4), these Electronic Recording Standards
must be followed for all documents submitted electronically.
To facilitate the entering of legal descriptions we use a list of abbreviations
We try to only use these County abbreviations in all descriptions, this is to save confusion.
Notice for property in trust.
- Under UCA 17-21 The County Recorder will:
- Be custodian for all recorded documents (UCA 17-21-1)
- Not alter any record (UCA 17-21-17)
- Check that a document meets the recording requirements before recording (UCA 17-21)
- Endorse all documents present for recording (UCA 17-21-13)
- Keep an index of all recorded documents (UCA 17-21-9, 10 & 14)
- Report all property changes to the County Assessor's Office (UCA 17-21-22)
- Expect payment in advance (UCA 17-21-18)
- Follow fees established by Utah Legislature (UCA 17-21-18.5)
Submit an address change for tax notices.
View the Data Services System Copyright Policy.
Please feel free to leave any suggestions for ways to improve the new Tyler Eagle software here