Box Elder County Passport Processing Agency
Skip Navigation Website Accessibility

Passport Division

Box Elder County Clerk's Office.

01 South Main Street, Rm 10
Brigham City, Utah 84302

Office hours: 8:00 a.m-5:00 p.m.

 Passports will be processed by appointment.
Please call 435-734-3393

A check or money order is required by the passport agency for payment of the passport. 

                                                                                 For passport processing times please visit 


Please visit for passport questions and current processing times.


You must provide your Birth Certificate, or a Certificate of Citizenship or Naturalization AND a valid Drivers License or Federal/State Identification

*Birth Certificates
for those born in Utah may be obtained at the Bear River Health Department, 817 W 950 S, Brigham City, Utah 84302. (435)734-0845

An applicant 16-17 years old must personally appear and have at least one legal parent.
Children under 16 years old must personally appear and have both legal parents.
Social Security numbers must be included on all applications.
Parents must appear and sign for a minor and provide current identification and proof of relationship to child (such as birth certificate) when minor is under the age of 18.

Photograph Requirements:

One U.S. passport quality photo is required.
Passport photographs must have been taken in the last 6 months
and meet the passport requirements.

Passport photos taken at our office are $15.00.

Personal checks, cashier checks, or money orders are needed for the passport fees.
Passport Book
Age 16 and over $130.00 payable to U.S. Department of State, $35.00 payable to Box Elder County
Age 15 and under $100.00 payable to U.S. Department of State,  $35.00 payable to Box Elder County

Passport Card
Age 16 and over $30.00 payable to U.S. Department of State, $35.00 payable to Box Elder County
  Age 15 and under $15.00 payable to U.S. Department of State $35.00 payable to Box Elder County

Expedite Fees
For faster processing, an additional fee of $60.00 may be paid per passport to expedite.
An additional $17.56 may be paid with the expedite fee for the passport agency to express mail (overnight) your passport book back to you.
Or, you may call the National Passport Information Center (1-877-487-2778) for additional options.

Renewals (for adults only):
Renewals are mailed directly to the Passport Agency. 
Form DS-82, most recent adult passport, one U.S. Passport quality photograph and $130.00 payable to U.S. Department of State.
If name has changed, certified copy of marriage license.


The U.S. Passport Card will facilitate entry and
expedite processing at U.S. land and sea
ports-of-entry when arriving from Canada, Mexico,
the Caribbean or Bermuda.

The U.S. Passport Card may not be used to
travel by air.

*The Department of State is issuing the passport card in response to the needs of border resident communities for a less expensive and more portable alternative to the traditional passport book.


For printing passport applications, children's issues, foreign entry requirements, and warnings for particular countries, visit the US Department of State website. 
For U.S. Passport Emergencies, contact the National Passport Duty Office at (202) 647-4000