2020 Quick Grant Application
Application must be submitted using the online fillable form found at:
Quick Grants are available any time throughout 2020 until funding is gone.
Grant monies mailed: 2 weeks after acceptance paperwork is received by Box Elder County from the Grant Recipient
Grant Procedure and Rules
Box Elder County Tourism Tax Advisory Board Tourism Development Fund Policy
The mission of the Box Elder County Tourism Tax Advisory Board (TTAB) is to encourage tourism promotion to advance sustainable economic development. The Board will work with tourism-related entities on projects to improve existing tourism products or initiate new ones. The projects should follow the Mission and Goals of the Advisory Board.
The TTAB Tourism Development Fund is available to assist tourism projects, to include: events, activities, festivals, conference, or programs, as well as aid in infrastructure projects that directly benefit tourism. This fund is not guaranteed year-to-year. The applicants are encouraged to work toward becoming self-sustaining.
The Box Elder County Tourism Tax Advisory Board shall, at its annual budget meeting, allocate a set amount of its budget as a “Tourism Tax Advisory Board Grant” for tourism development by organizations developing projects in the Box Elder County area. The grant fund has the following purpose:
1) To increase tourism in Box Elder County
2) To assist new tourism projects
3) To help organizations develop new tourism projects
4) To increase the advertising exposure of Box Elder County outside of the County
5) To involve more people and organizations in tourism promotion
Tourism Development Funds are derived from restaurant and hotel taxes and may only be used for the purpose of promoting recreation and tourism.Tourism Development Funds are available to non-profit and municipal organizations that promote tourism-related attractions, events, festivals, or programs. These events should encourage overnight stays in Box Elder County with immediate impact on the tourism economy.
Application Policy. Please read this section BEFORE submitting your application. Requests for funds will be approved under the following conditions:
1) The proposed attraction, event, activity, festival or program must relate directly to the priorities of the TTAB mission statement and goals.
2) The funds may not be used for salary or wages.
3) The funds may be used for direct mail only if it can be documented and is going to be sent outside Box Elder County.
4) Promotional funds must be spent outside Box Elder County. Promotional activities are expected to encourage tourists to spend the night in Box Elder County.
5) Printed materials must include the Box Elder County Tax Advisory Board logo and the words: “Funded by the Box Elder County Tax Advisory Board.
6) A follow up report must be submitted within sixty (60) days following the completion of the project.
1) Applications must be filled out online.
2) Application deadline for standard grants is February 29, 2020, midnight. Quick Grants are available throughout the year until funding is gone.
3) Applications will be screened by the Box Elder County Tourism Tax Advisory Board and recommendations made to the Box Elder County Commission.
4) Successful Standard Grant applicants will be notified in April, 2020.
Primary consideration will be given to those who strive for the following criteria:
1) Does the project meet the intent and requirements of the State statute? (mandatory requirement)
2) Does it benefit tourism in the area, especially overnight visitors and what is the immediate impact?
3) What is the likelihood of successful completion and what is the experience of the requesting organization?
4) What is the availability of other sources of funding and/or the ability to leverage grant funds?
5) What is the potential for the project to generate more dollars for the fund in the future?
Payment of Tourism Development Fund.
Once funding has been approved, the applicant must follow the proper steps in order to be considered for future grants. If these steps are not followed, funding will not be granted in the future.
1) Payment will be made based on agreement specified in grant award.
2) Box Elder County must be recognized in printed material.
3) A follow up report must be completed within sixty (60) days after project completion. The report must contain the following:
a) Appropriate documentation of completed work and execution of final payments to include copies of invoices or checks for service rendered. All documents must be received sixty (60) days after completion of project. All matching funds must be accounted for as well
b) A written evaluation report documenting the event and success of project. Please include who the audience was, number of attendees, etc.
For questions, please call the Box Elder County Tourism Office at 435-734-3315.
Tourism Tax Advisory Board Mission Statement
The mission of the Box Elder County Tourism Tax Advisory Board is to develop criteria and an application process that will assist the fair evaluation of all requests for tourism enhancement. Such enhancement is that which best reflects and affects the recreation, heritage, cultural and scenic wonders of the whole county. The process is to encourage coordination of all tourism promotion and strategies commensurate with tax revenue to advance sustainable economic development. The Board will then make recommendations to the Box Elder County Commission for allocation of funds. This constitutes all taxes enacted by the Utah State Legislature and Box Elder County relating to tourism.
The criteria & application process must be in compliance with the purpose of the Tourism, Recreation, Cultural, and Convention (TRCC) Tax in Utah Code Annotated Title 59, chapter 12, section 601.