CLICK HERE FOR THE POULTRY ENTRY FORM
CLICK HERE FOR THE PIGEON ENTRY FORM
CLICK HERE FOR THE RABBIT FORM
Poultry, Pigeons and Rabbits Schedule
Tuesday, August 21
Enter exhibits…………………….................1 – 8:00 p.m.
Wednesday, August 22
4-H Rabbit Show…………………………. 8:30 a.m.
4-H Rabbit Showmanship after judging is completed
Judging of rabbits, chickens & pigeons .....9:00 a.m.
Friday, August 24
Dress Up & Quiz Bowl for rabbits ……… 2:00 p.m.
Dress Up & Quiz Bowl for chickens and pigeons immediately following the rabbits
Saturday, August 25
Exhibits released………………………….. 9:30 – 10:30 p.m.
Lloyd Jenkins, Director
Linda Earl, Director
Kristy Noyes, 4-H Rabbit Director
Bob Belew, 4-H Chicken/Pigeon Director
- All poultry, pigeons and rabbits must meet standard health requirements as determined by the supervisor. Any sick animal will not be displayed and must be removed from the show immediately.
- Awards for all animals will be as follows: (Open & 4-H); lst - $3.00, 2nd - $2.00, 3rd – $1.00.
- Exhibits must be delivered to registrars and an entry blank and/or coop tag must be filled out at the poultry, pigeon and rabbit building on TUESDAY between 1 – 8:00 p.m. for all exhibits. If the entry cannot be left for exhibit until 9:30 p.m. on Saturday, please do not enter.
- Exhibits are entered at owner’s risk, but everything will be done to assure the safety of the exhibit.
- Feed will be furnished, but each owner will be responsible to see that their entries are fed and watered daily.
- Youth bringing exhibits should be members of 4-H. 4-H members are in the 3rd thru the 12 grade as of January 1, 2011, mini-4Hers are 2nd grade and younger (at least four years old). 4-H exhibitors will be required to submit a record book when they enter the show. Mini 4-Her’s should submit a poster depicting their project when they enter the show.
- Youth not registered as a 4-H member will be participating in the open class.
Rules and Regulations
- The poultry judging will take place in the Barn on Wednesday.
- Showmanship for the 4-H poultry will be on Wednesday after the judging is completed. Showmanship exhibitors should dress in 4-H attire.
- The poultry dress-up contest will be on Friday after the rabbit dress-up contest which begins at 2:00 p.m.
- There will be a quiz bowl for 4-H poultry and pigeon exhibitors on Friday between 2:00 – 4:00 p.m. for those who want to participate.
5. Ribbons will be awarded for completed record books turned in at the fair.
6. Ribbons will be awarded to all 4-H Cloverbuds that participate in the poster contest.
Lot 1 Chickens, Open – Class A, 4-H – Class B
Large Fowl - Rhode Island
Large Fowl - Plymouth Rocks
Large Fowl - Cochins
Large Fowl - Brahma
Large Fowl - Wyandotte
Large Fowl - Langshans
Large Fowl - Sumatra
Large Fowl - Australorps
Large Fowl - Ameraucana
Large Fowl - Anconas
Large Fowl - Cornish
Large Fowl - Cubalayas
Large Fowl - Araucanas
Large Fowl - Polish
Large Fowl - Naked Neck
Large Fowl - Orpington
Large Fowl - Leghorns
Bantam - Polish
Bantam - Wyandotte
Bantam - Cochins
Bantam - Old English
Bantam - Silkies
Bantam - Sultans
Bantam – Millie Fleur
Bantam - Modern Game
Bantam - American Game
Bantam - Leghorns
Bantam - Rhodes Islands
Bantam - Sebrights
Bantam - Dutch
Bantam - Barred Rock
Bantam - Plymouth Rock
Bantam - Belgium Bearded D’anverse
Bantam - Rose Combs
All Other Breeds
4-H TROPHIES: Grand Champion Best of Show, Reserve Champion Best of Show, Champion Bantam, Reserve Champion Bantam, Champion Bantam Trio, Reserve Champion Bantam Trio, Champion Old English, Reserve Champion Old English, Champion Old English Trio, Reserve Champion Old English Trio, Champion Large Fowl, Reserve Champion Large Fowl, Champion Large Trio, Reserve Champion Large Trio
4-H MEDALS: Showmanship lst, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th , 6 th, 7 th, 8 th places in both the Cloverbud Division, and the 3rd grade and older division
OPEN TROPHIES: Champion Large Fowl, Champion Bantam, Champion Large Trio, Champion Bantam Trio, Champion Bird of Show, Reserve Champion Large Fowl, Reserve Champion Bantam, Reserve Champion Large Trio, Reserve Champion Bantam Trio, Reserve Champion Bird of Show
Lot 2 Pigeons, Open – Class A, 4-H – Class B
1. All pigeons should have bands on the legs.
Homer - Show Homer
Homer - Racing Homer
Rollers - Performance Rollers
Rollers - Show Rollers
Fancy – American Show Racer
Fancy – Frill Back
Fancy- German Owl
Fancy – Fantail
Fancy – Oriental Frills
Fancy – Bronze Show Tipler
Fancy – Mokie
Fancy – English Trumpeter
Fancy – West of England
Fancy – Capucin
All Other Breeds
4-H TROPHIES: Champion Bird of Show, Reserve Champion Bird of Show, Champion Fancy, Reserve Champion Fancy, Champion Performer, Reserve Champion Performer, Champion Best Pair, Reserve Champion Best Pair
OPEN TROPHIES: Champion Bird of Show, Champion Fancy, Reserve Champion Fancy, Champion Performer, Reserve Champion Performer, Champion Best Pair, Reserve Champion Best Pair, lst Runner Up, 2nd Runner Up, 3rd Runner Up
Lot 3 Ducks, Open – Class A
All Other Breeds
Trophies: Grand Champion Duck, Reserve Champion Duck
Lot 4 Geese, Open – Class A
All Other Breeds
Lot 5 Turkeys, Open – Class A
All Other Breeds
Lot 6 Quail, Open – Class A
Lot 7 Pheasant, Open Class A
Lot 8 Rabbits, Open – Class A, 4-H – Class B
- Pre-registration for rabbits will be required to ensure that your exhibit has a pen and also to help group breeds together. The entry form can be accessed at http://extension.usu.edu/boxelder. Mail the entry form to Box Elder County Fair, PO Box 206, Tremonton, UT 84337 or bring the form by August 15, 2011 to the USU Extension Office (Fair Office) in Tremonton.
- Rabbits must stay until the end of the fair. NO EXCEPTIONS. Check-out time will be 9:30 p.m. on Saturday night or Sunday morning from 8:00 - 9:00 a.m. If you can’t leave the entry until then, please don’t enter them.
- The 4-H rabbit show will be on Wednesday at the bandstand beginning at 8:30 a.m. The open rabbit show on Wednesday will be in the rabbit building as in the past and the building will be closed to the general public until the judging is finished. Upon completion of the judging, the judge will be available to answer questions.
4. Showmanship for the 4-H rabbits will be on Wednesday after the judging is completed. Showmanship exhibitors should dress in 4-H attire.
5. The rabbit dress-up contest will be on Friday beginning at 2:00 p.m. There will be two classes: (1) exhibitors under 5 years of age and (2) exhibitors 6 – 8 years of age. There will be prizes awarded for best dressed, lst runner-up and 2nd runner-up in each division.
6. There will be a quiz bowl for 4-H rabbit exhibitors on Friday between 2:00 – 4:00 p.m. for those who want to participate.
7. Ribbons will be awarded for completed record books turned in at the fair.
8. Ribbons will be awarded to all Cloverbuds participating in the poster contest.
DOE AND LITTER CLASS - Young rabbits must be at least 4 weeks of age and not more than 6 weeks. Doe should have 4 to 6 babies with her.
OPEN RABBIT SHOW
TROPHY (BEST OF BREED): New Zealand, Satin, Californian, Mini Lop, Holland Lop, Dutch, Mini Rex, Netherland Dwarf, Fuzzy Lop, Other
TROPHY: Best-in-Show, lst Runner Up, 2nd Runner Up
4 X 6 PLAQUES: Polish, Havanah, Jersey Wooly, Lionhead, Angora, French Lop
ROSETTES: (BEST OPPOSITE SEX): New Zealand, Satin, Californian, Mini Lop, Holland Lop, Dutch, Mini Rex, Netherland Dwarf, Fuzzy Lop, Other
TROPHY: Best Doe and Litter
4-H/FFA RABBIT SHOW (Must be entered in 4-H)
TROPHY (Best of Breed): New Zealand, Californian, Satin, Mini Lop, Holland Lop, Dutch, Mini Rex, Netherland Dwarf, Fuzzy Lop, Other
TROPHY: Best in Show, lst Runner Up, 2nd Runner Up
PLAQUES: Polish, Havanah, Jersey Wooly, Lionhead, Angora, French Lop
ROSETTES (Best Opposite Sex): New Zealand, Californian, Satin, Mini Lop, Holland Lop, Dutch, Mini Rex, Netherland Dwarf, Fuzzy Lop, Other
TROPHY: Management Award (goes to the 4-H youth exhibitor that has shown the best overall management of raising and showing their rabbits).
PLAQUES: Showmanship (Cloverbud, Junior, Intermediate, Senior)
MEDALS: Showmanship Runner Up (Cloverbud, Junior, Intermediate, Senior)
MEDALS: Quiz Bowl Winner (Cloverbud, Junior, Intermediate, Senior)