Lot 8 Rabbits, Open – Class A, 4-H – Class B
- Pre-registration for rabbits will be required to ensure that your exhibit has a pen and also to help group breeds together. There are two different options to pre-register:
(1) Enter online at www.boxeldercounty.org>fair>online entry, beginning July 15 but no later than midnight on August 19, 2012. Please be precise in entering the description of your exhibit as the amount of characters is limited to 44 characters on the exhibit tag. The online entry website will send a confirmation email to the fair. You do not need to bring paperwork with your exhibit. Your exhibit tags will be ready for you to pick up on entry day. Online entry is strongly recommended but not required.
(2) Enter using the entry form in the fair book or access the form at http://extension.usu.edu/boxelder. Mail the entry form to Box Elder County Fair, PO Box 206, Tremonton, UT 84337 or bring the form by August 15, 2012 to the Fair office in Tremonton.
- Rabbits must stay until the end of the fair. NO EXCEPTIONS. Check-out time will be 9:30 p.m. on Saturday night or Sunday morning from 8:00 - 9:00 a.m. If you can’t leave the entry until then, please don’t enter them.
- The 4-H rabbit show will be on Wednesday at the bandstand beginning at 8:30 a.m. The open rabbit show on Wednesday will be in the rabbit building as in the past and the building will be closed to the general public until the judging is finished. Upon completion of the judging, the judge will be available to answer questions.
- Showmanship for the 4-H rabbits will be on Wednesday after the judging is completed. Showmanship exhibitors should dress in 4-H attire.
- The rabbit dress-up contest will be on Friday beginning at 2:00 p.m. There will be two classes: (1) exhibitors under 5 years of age and (2) exhibitors 6 – 8 years of age. There will be prizes awarded for best dressed, lst runner-up and 2nd runner-up in each division
- There will be a quiz bowl for 4-H rabbit exhibitors on Friday between 2:00 – 4:00 p.m. for those who want to participate.
- Ribbons will be awarded for completed record books turned in at the fair.
- Ribbons will be awarded to all Cloverbuds participating in the poster contest.
DOE AND LITTER CLASS - Young rabbits must be at least 4 weeks of age and not more than 6 weeks. Doe should have 4 to 6 babies with her.
OPEN RABBIT SHOW
TROPHY (BEST OF BREED): New Zealand, Satin, Californian, Mini Lop, Holland Lop, Dutch, Mini Rex, Netherland Dwarf, Fuzzy Lop, Other
TROPHY: Best-in-Show, lst Runner Up, 2nd Runner Up
4 X 6 PLAQUES: Polish, Havanah, Jersey Wooly, Lionhead, Angora, French Lop
ROSETTES: (BEST OPPOSITE SEX): New Zealand, Satin, Californian, Mini Lop, Holland Lop, Dutch, Mini Rex, Netherland Dwarf, Fuzzy Lop, Other
TROPHY: Best Doe and Litter
4-H/FFA RABBIT SHOW (Must be entered in 4-H)
TROPHY (Best of Breed): New Zealand, Californian, Satin, Mini Lop, Holland Lop, Dutch, Mini Rex, Netherland Dwarf, Fuzzy Lop, Other
TROPHY: Best in Show, lst Runner Up, 2nd Runner Up
PLAQUES: Polish, Havanah, Jersey Wooly, Lionhead, Angora, French Lop
ROSETTES (Best Opposite Sex): New Zealand, Californian, Satin, Mini Lop, Holland Lop, Dutch, Mini Rex, Netherland Dwarf, Fuzzy Lop, Other
TROPHY: Management Award (goes to the 4-H youth exhibitor that has shown the best overall management of raising and showing their rabbits).
PLAQUES: Showmanship (Cloverbud, Junior, Intermediate, Senior)
MEDALS: Showmanship Runner Up (Cloverbud, Junior, Intermediate, Senior)
MEDALS: Quiz Bowl Winner (Cloverbud, Junior, Intermediate, Senior)