While Abraham Hunsaker was still a resident of Brigham City, he secured land for pasture and grazing purposes in what is now Honeyville. Lewis N. Boothe, in his autobiography, says: "During the early season of 1861, I rented a piece of land from Abraham Hunsaker, intending to raise a small garden." He didn't say exactly where the land was located, but since the oldest residents of Honeyville remember that Lewis N. Boothe and his brother, John Boothe, were the first to use the land in the locality near the Cold Spring for agricultural purposes, we conclude that Honeyville had its beginning in the very early 1860's.
The first permanent home was built in 1866 by Joseph Orme of Calls Fort on land purchased from Chester Loveland. Emily Orme Boothe, daughter of Joseph and Emily Green Orme, was the first white child born in Honeyville. In the mid-sixties, Abraham Hunsaker moved his families to the Honeyville area. Eliza Collins Hunsaker lived in a log house on Salt Creek. Other members of the family spent the summers here caring for the animals and cultivating dry land grain and other crops. They moved back to Brigham City for the winters.
Frederick J. Graham came to Honeyville from Brigham City in 1887. Abraham Hunsaker was called as Bishop with B.H. Tolman and Lewis N. Boothe as counselors. Later a name for the ward was discussed. Bishop Hunsaker, with several stake officers, called on Joseph Orme (because he was the first permanent settler) to ask his advice in the matter. Orme suggested that it be named in honor of the bishop. After some consideration the name Honeyville was chosen in preference to Hunsakerville, as was first suggested. The area, along with the ward, was also known as Honeyville.
The first school and meeting house was built of rock in 1876. The building was later occupied by Tolman's Store. John Bowcutt was the first postmaster. He was succeeded in April, 1880 by B.H. Tolman.
On July 8, 1911, Honeyville was granted a Town Charter by the Box Elder County Commission. Israel Hunsaker was selected Town President; Elazrus Hunsaker, Orson Loveland, Abraham Wheatley, and A.R. Burke members of the Town Board, with Abinidis Tolman as Town Clerk. The town of Honeyville became a third class city on January 1, 1980.