Junior Goat Show 2013
Registration (goats will be tatooed): June 14 from 4:30 - 5:00 p.m. at the Box Elder County Fairgrounds
Weigh-in: Tuesday, August 20
3:00 – 4:00 p.m.
Show: Wednesday, August 21
7:00 – 9:00 p.m. in the indoor arena
Premiums: Blue - $6.00, Red - $4.00, White - $2.00
1. All goats must meet standard health requirements as determined by the director. Any sick animal will not be displayed and must be removed from the show immediately.
2. Exhibits are entered at owner’s own risk, but everything will be done to assure the safety of the exhibit.
3. Each owner will be responsible to see that their entries are fed and watered daily.
4. No billy goats will be permitted in the program, only does and wethers.
5. All goats must have been owned and fed in the county by the exhibitor at least 60 days previous to the show. Individual ownership shall be indicated at the tagging time which will be no later than
6. There will be dairy, meat, fiber and novelty goat classes. Exhibitors may tag up to three goats per class.
7. Exhibitors may show no more than four (4) animals total, no more than 1 per class.
8. Classes will be broken into kids less than 1 year; yearlings and adults greater than 2 years.
9. Youth will be divided into four groups:
a. Open class (6 – 8 year olds) as of the show date.
b. Juniors (3rd – 5th grade)
c. Intermediates (6th – 8th grade)
d. Seniors (8th – 12th grade)
10. Youth in the 3rd thru the 12th grade as of January l of the current year should be members of 4-H or FFA and wear the appropriate clothing when showing their project.
11. Fitting and Showmanship Contest
a. The fitting and showmanship classes will be held immediate following the selection of the grand and reserve champion goats.
b. Awards: lst – trophy & $15, 2nd - $14, 3rd - $13, 4th - $12, 5th - $11