General Rules for Small Animals
Poultry, Pigeons and Rabbits Schedule
Tuesday, August 19
Enter exhibits…………………….................1 – 8:00 p.m.
Wednesday, August 20
4-H Rabbit Show…………………………. 8:30 a.m.
4-H Rabbit Showmanship after judging is completed
Judging of rabbits, chickens & pigeons .....9:00 a.m.
Friday, August 22
Quiz Bowl for rabbits......................12 p.m.
Quiz Bowl for chicken and pigeons following rabbits
Dress Up for rabbits.........................2 p.m.
Dress Up for chickens and pigeons following rabbits
Saturday, August 23
Exhibits released………………………….. 9:30 – 10:30 p.m.
Lois Jenkins, Director
Linda Earl, Director
Kristy Noyes, 4-H Rabbit Director
Bob Belew, 4-H Chicken/Pigeon Director
1. Pre-registration for chickens, pigeons and rabbits will be required to ensure that your exhibit has a pen and also to help group breeds together. There are two different options to pre-register:
(1) Enter online at www.boxeldercounty.org>fair>online entry, beginning July 21 but no later than midnight on August 18, 2014. Please be precise in entering the description of your exhibit as the amount of characters is limited to 44 characters on the exhibit tag. The online entry website will send a confirmation email to the fair. You do not need to bring paperwork with your exhibit. Your exhibit tags will be ready for you to pick up on entry day. Online entry is strongly recommended but not required.
- All poultry, pigeons and rabbits must meet standard health requirements as determined by the supervisor. Any sick animal will not be displayed and must beremoved from the show immediately.
- Awards for all animals will be as follows: (Open & 4-H); lst - $3.00, 2nd - $2.00, 3rd – $1.00, 4th -ribbon, 5th-ribbon.
- Exhibits must be delivered to registrars and an entry blank and/or coop tag must be filled out at the poultry, pigeon and rabbit building on TUESDAY between 1 – 8:00 p.m. for all exhibits. If the entry cannot be left for exhibit until 9:30 p.m. on Saturday, please do not enter.
- Exhibits are entered at owner’s risk, but everything will be done to assure the safety of the exhibit.
- Feed will be furnished, but each owner will be responsible to see that their entries are fed and watered daily.
- Youth bringing exhibits should be members of 4-H. 4-H members are in the 3rd thru the 12 grade as of January 1, 2012, mini-4Hers are 2nd grade and younger (at least four years old). 4-H exhibitors will be required to submit a record book when they enter the show. Mini 4-Her’s should submit a poster depicting their project when they enter the show.
- Youth not registered as a 4-H member will be participating in the open class.
- 4-H chickens must be owned by the exhibitor by June 1 of the current show year.
- "For Sale" signs in poultry cannot be put up until Friday of the fair week. Earlier signage will be removed from the pens.