WELCOME TO THE FINE ARTS DEPARTMENT, WE ARE EXPECTING A GREAT FAIR THIS YEAR 2021
Department Director: Marie Miller 435-279-5133
Adult Art (Ages 19 and up)
Director: Marie Miller 435-279-5133
Assistant Director: Karen Christensen 435-230-0315
Youth Art (Ages 11-18)
Director: Gloria Rudd 435-279-6246
Assistant Director: Kathi Potter 435-279-7330
Director: Courtney Parkinson 208-709-6731
Assistant Director: Susie Clark 435-225-4086
Literature & Poetry
Director: Jessica Morris 435-452-2449
Entries will be accepted Tuesday August 24th 1-8:00 pm
Entries deemed inappropriate for family viewing will be rejected
7. No Photoshop work or editing allowed, other than cropping
Categories / Types of Mediums
1. Painting: Oil, Acrylic, Watercolor, Watercolor Pencils, Tempera, Gouache, Mixed Media, etc.
2. Drawing: Pencil, Colored Pencil, Ink, Marker, Crayon, Scratchboard, Watercolor Pencil, Chalk, Oil Pastel, Chalk Pastel, Conte` Crayon,Charcoal, Graphite, Mixed Media, etc.
3. Printmaking: Woodcut, Linocut, Etching, Screen-print, Mono-print, Block print, Lithography, Stamping, Airbrush, Spray Paint
4. Sculpture & Pottery: Clay, Stone, Metal, Wood, Polymer Clay, Wax, Marble, etc.
5. Other: Collage, Assemblage, Computer (original - NO programs), Paper Cutting, Engraving, Gold Leafing, etc.
First, second, and third place will be awarded in each class and determined by the number of “Likes” each piece receives after public voting. Winners will each receive a rosette ribbon and Feldman’s gift certificate.
Sweepstakes will be awarded to the piece with the most votes overall.
1. Have 1 photo taken of you holding or standing near your artwork (to verify ownership)
Class Email Address(not case sensitive)
A. Professional BECF.ProandSemiPro@gmail.com (make sure address is exactly as written)
B. Semi Professional BECF.ProandSemiPro@gmail.com(make sure address is exactly as written)
C. Advanced Amateur BECF.AdvAm@gmail.com
D. Amateur BECF.Amateur@gmail.comE. Young Amateur (ages 15-18) BECF.YA@gmail.com
F. Youth (ages 11-14) BECF.Youth@gmail.com
G. Children’s (ages 8-10) BECF.ChildA@gmail.com
Adult Class Descriptions:
CLASS A: PROFESSIONAL
A Professional is one who is actively engaged in the art field in his or her occupation or one who teaches classes or sells artwork for a portion of their income.
CLASS B: SEMI-PROFESSIONAL
A Semi-professional is one who has reached a degree of professional quality in their work. This classification is a matter of ability and attitude more that career.
CLASS C: ADVANCED AMATEUR
Advanced Amateur is one who will be consistently painting, striving for a
quality of workmanship, creativity, and originality that placed them above amateur.
CLASS D: AMATEUR
An amateur is one who is frequently taking classes and/or studying with more experienced painters, or uses artwork as a hobby.
Tips for taking photos/scanning your work:
1. To avoid glare, remove glass or shrink wrap from your artwork before taking a photo.
2. Lay artwork flat on the floor and take photo from above or hang it at a height where the middle of your piece will be parallel to your camera.