Dairy Heifer Show 2015
Wednesday, August 26
Weigh-in..........................4 - 5 p.m.
Friday, August 28
Junior Dairy Heifer Show......1 p.m.
Greg Holmes, Director
Chad Hardy, Assistant Director
Andy Yeates, Assistant Director
Craig Gardner, Assistant Director
If you plan to exhibit dairy, you must notify the director by August 17. If there is only one exhibitor, an exhibitor fee will be paid. There must be competition for judging to take place and premium to be received.
Blue Red White
$10.00 $7.00 $5.00
Junior Champion in each class - Rosette
1. Junior Heifer Calf born after February 28, 2015 and before June 1, 2015.
2. Winter Heifer Calf born after Nov. 30, 2014 and before March 1, 2015.
3. Senior Heifer Calf born after Aug. 31, 2014 and before Dec. 1, 2015.
4. Summer Yearling Heifer born after May 31, 2013 and before Sept. 1, 2013.
5. Junior Yearling Heifer born after Feb. 28, 2014 and before June 1, 2014.
6. Winter Yearling Heifer born after November 30, 2013 and before June 1, 2014.
7. Senior Yearling Heifer born after Aug. 31, 2013 and before June 1, 2014.
8. Junior Champion class (all class winners).
9. Fitting and Showmanship classes:
Senior Division - 9th - 12th grade as of January 1 of the current year
Junior Division - 3rd - 8th grade as of January 1 of the current year
1. Exhibitors must be 4-H or FFA members of Box Elder County and must abide by the general rules.
2. Junior Dairy Heifer Exhibitors cannot participate in any other livestock show.
3. Exhibitors may show no more than three (3) animals total, no more than 1 per class.
4. Entries must be pre registered by June 1.
5. A committee will review all entries with exhibitors prior to show time.
6. All breeds will be exhibited together.
Cash prizes have been generously donated by sponsors for this year's show. It is suggested that "Thank You" notes be sent to your classes' sponsor. Winners need to make themselves available for pictures following the show.