Tagging: May 2 from 4:30 - 5:00 p.m. at the fairgrounds
Bucket Calf Premiums
Blue Red White
$10.00 $7.00 $5.00
1. Each participant must have their own individual weaned calf.
2. Class divisions will be determined after the weigh-in at the fair.
3. Exhibitors must be at least 6 years old as of January 1 of current year. Exhibitors in the 3rd through the 12th grades must be 4-H/FFA members of Box Elder County and must abide by the general rules; younger exhibitors will show in open class.
4. All exhibitors should turn in an up-to-date record book by noon on Thursday of the fair week into the Fair Office.
5. Calves will be shown and judged under beef fitting and showmanship guidelines.
6. Steers and heifers of any breeds are allowed. NO BULLS.
7. Calves must be born after January 1 and before April 30 of current year.
8. Exhibitors must own the calf by April 30 of the current year.
9. Calves must be weighed and tagged on the announced date at the fairgrounds.
10. Exhibitor may tag up to three calves in their name.
11. Judging will focus on the exhibitor’s ability to show and fit, as well as the overall care given the calf.
12. Exhibitors not taking care of their bucket calf during the fair will be asked to take the animal home.
13. Trophies will be awarded for the best display and for the best rate of gain.