1. Each participant must have his/her own individual weaned calf.
2. Class divisions will be determined after weigh-in at the fair.
3. Exhibitors who completed Kindergarten - 2nd grade of current year will show in the Open Class. Exhibitors 3rd - 12th grades as of October 1, 2017, must be 4-H/FFA members of Box Elder County and must abide by membership general rules.
4. Record books are optional. A prize will be given to those who turn in an up-to-date record book by noon on Thursday of fair week to the Fair Office to be judged so prizes can be awarded before the show.
5. Calves will be shown and judged under beef fitting and showmanship guidelines.
6. Steers and heifers of any breeds are allowed. NO BULLS. No horns over one inch.
7. Calves must be born after January 1 and before April 30 of current year.
8. Exhibitors must own the calf by April 30 of the current year.
9. Calves must be weighed and tagged on the announced date at the fairgrounds.
10. Exhibitor may tag up to three calves in their name.
11. Judging will focus on the exhibitor’s ability to show and fit, as well as the overall care given the calf.
12. Exhibitors not taking care of their bucket calf during the fair will be asked to take the bucket calf home.
13. Trophies will be awarded for the best display and for the best rate of gain.